Here's the latest on what's happening:
- L3 deck (first typical floor) concrete pour completed (Oct 4)
- L3 vertical started yesterday, Monday (Oct 7)
- L4 tables started today, Tuesday (Oct 8)
- Reshoring of parkade and above grade slabs ongoing
- Crane deliveries are ongoing
- Road closures on Hazel Street intermittently for concrete slab pours; we have a road closure permit with the City.
The impact to you:
- Noise associated with hand tools, concrete vibrators, concrete trucks and pumps ongoing, which will cause increases in noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded. You will be informed in advance of any work that will go into Noise Variance hours as per City By-laws.
- Truck traffic on Hazel Street ongoing as concrete pours will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while concrete pours are taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.