Here's the latest on what's happening:
- Existing parkade demolition is expected to be complete first week of December. Excavation to follow finishing in the new year (February 2019).
- One more day of asphalt paving will take place in the parkade. Date of this work is unknown at this time.
- Parkade clean out taking place over the next week.
- Demolished material is being hauled out by dump trucks parked along Hazel Street.
- Hoarding along front walkway is being constructed.
The impact to you:
- Dust will be present, a fire hose will be used to keep dust down on the ground level.
- Noisier work continues. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded.
- Truck traffic will be increasing, traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while demolished material is loaded into dump trucks and will be reopened after hours.