Here's the latest update:
- Excavation to be complete within the week and drilling will stop. Excavated material will continue to be hauled out by dump trucks parked along Hazel.
- Detail excavation of the footings will start imminently.
- Crane erection is officially scheduled for April 3 to April 5, 2019. This will take 3 days from start to finish. Trucks will be situated on Hazel street for this duration, with road closure plans in place.
- Parkade cleaning is complete.
The impact to you:
- Noise from drilling will stop. Other work will start, which will cause increases in noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded.
- Increased truck traffic will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while excavation is taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.