Here is the latest update:
- Level 1 Autocourt surface demo ongoing.
- Level 33 (Mechanical Roof) pour is scheduled for Wednesday, June 10th.
- Envelope of Tower installed up to Level 26/27.
- North and South facing balcony soffits are being painted.
- Asphalt work at the exterior of Tower 2 East Exit will be starting in 3 weeks. Details to follow.
- Traffic flow changed in the parkade. This will be in place until the end of the project in early 2021.
- Demolition of the outdoor visitor parking for the Townhouses is complete. 8’ Chain-link fence has been installed around the perimeter of this area.
- Road closure on McMurray Ave intermittently for Townhouse work; a road closure permit is on file with the City.
- Crane deliveries are ongoing.
- Road closures on Hazel Street intermittently for Tower concrete slab pours; a road closure permit is on file with the City.
The impact to you:
- Tenant access/egress via Tower 2 East Exit will be limited between 7:00am to 4:00pm starting June 29, 2020. Adequate signage and delineation will be provided in and around the affected area.
- Tenant access to parkade limited to McMurray entrance gate.
- Noise associated with hand tools, concrete vibrators, concrete trucks and pumps ongoing, which will cause increases in noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded. You will be informed in advance of any work that will go into Noise Variance hours as per City By-laws.
- Truck traffic on Hazel Street ongoing as concrete pours will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Truck traffic on McMurray Ave ongoing for Townhouse work. Traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street and McMurray Ave will be closed while concrete pours are taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.