Here's the latest on what's happening:
- Level P3 suspended slab completely poured. P3 walls/columns are being poured.
- Level P2 suspended slab and P2 walls/columns are ongoing.
- Crane deliveries are ongoing.
- Road closures on Hazel Street intermittently for concrete slab pours; we have a road closure permit with the City.
- We will apply for Noise Variances with the City for any work beyond normal working hours. Our next slab pour on July 6 may require a Noise Variance.
The impact to you:
- Noise associated with hand tools, concrete vibrators, concrete trucks and pumps ongoing, which will cause increases in noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded. You will be informed in advance of any work that will go into Noise Variance hours as per City By-laws.
- Truck traffic on Hazel Street ongoing as concrete pours will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while concrete pours are taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.