Here's the latest update:
- Traffic flow changed in the parkade. This will be in place until the end of the project in early 2021.
- Demolition of the outdoor visitor parking for the Townhouses is ongoing. 8’ Chain-link fence has been installed around the perimeter of this area.
- Level 18 slab pour will be taking place on Friday, January 30th.
- Envelope of Tower installed up to Level 10.
- Crane deliveries are ongoing.
- Road closures on Hazel Street intermittently for Tower concrete slab pours; road closure permit on file with the City.
- Road closure on McMurray Ave intermittently for Townhouse work; road closure permit on file with the City.
The impact to you:
- Tenant access to parkade limited to McMurray entrance gate.
- Noise associated with the demo and anchor drilling at the townhouse area will continue through January.
- Noise associated with hand tools, concrete vibrators, concrete trucks and pumps ongoing, which will cause increases in noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded. You will be informed in advance of any work that will go into Noise Variance hours as per City By-laws.
- Truck traffic on Hazel Street ongoing as concrete pours will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Truck traffic on McMurray Ave will start for Townhouse work. Traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street and McMurray Ave will be closed while concrete pours are taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.