Here's the latest on what's happening:
- Existing parkade demolition is targeted for completion today.
- Excavation has been pushed and is schedule to begin the third week of December. Drilling will be happening during this time and may increase noise levels. Excavated material will be hauled out by dump trucks parked along Hazel. Targeted completion of excavation is in the new year (February 2019).
- One more day of asphalt will take place in the parkade. Date of this work is unknown at this time.
The impact to you:
- Dust will be present, a fire hose will be used to keep dust down on the ground level.
- Noisier work continues. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded.
- Increased truck traffic will continue, traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while demolished material is loaded into dump trucks and will be reopened after hours.