Here's the latest on what's happening:
- P1 core and South foundation walls poured Tuesday, 30Jul19
- P1 Emergency generator delivered Wednesday, 31Jul19
- P1 West foundation wall poured Wednesday, 31Jul19
- P1 divider wall core to be poured Thursday, 01Aug19
- L1 slab formwork ongoing
- L1 trade layouts ongoing
- L1 slab rebar install starting 06Aug19 for 2 weeks
- Level 1 deck pours scheduled for Saturday August 17th, and Tuesday August 20th and will require noise variance with the City of Burnaby
- Crane deliveries are ongoing
- Road closures on Hazel Street intermittently for concrete slab pours; we have a road closure permit with the City.
The impact to you:
- Noise associated with hand tools, concrete vibrators, concrete trucks and pumps is ongoing, which will cause increased noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded. You will be informed in advance of any work that will go into Noise Variance hours as per City By-laws. Please note that work is now occurring at grade, meaning at ground level. Although the work is quieter than when drilling and demolishing was occurring in the parkade, work will soon be level with residents in the existing buildings.
- Truck traffic on Hazel Street ongoing as concrete pours will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while concrete pours are taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.