Here's the latest on what's happening:
- Detailed excavation and concrete pouring is ongoing. Excavated material is currently being stockpiled until haul-out occurs.
- P4 Slab on grade preparation is ongoing (laying of gravel) for the next few weeks. Concrete pour will follow.
- Parkade footings and verticals (columns and walls) are being poured.
- Crane activity ongoing.
- Excavator will be removed in May 2019. Exact date TBD and Graham will send out notice in advance.
The impact to you:
- Noise from drilling has stopped. Other work has started, which will cause increases in noise levels. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded.
- Truck traffic on Hazel Street ongoing as concrete pours will continue; traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while excavation is taking place, and as required throughout the duration of the project.