Here's the latest on what's happening:
- Existing parkade demolition is expected to be complete first week of December. Excavation is scheduled to begin the second week of December. Drilling will be happening during this time and may increase noise levels.
- One more day of asphalt paving will take place in the parkade. Date of this work is unknown at this time.
- Parkade clean out taking place over the next week.
- Demolished material is being hauled out by dump trucks parked along Hazel Street.
- Hoarding along front walkway is being constructed.
The impact to you:
- Dust will be present, a fire hose will be used to keep dust down on the ground level.
- Noisier work continues. Monitoring of sound continues to ensure decibel levels set by the City of Burnaby are not exceeded.
- Truck traffic will be increasing, traffic control measures are in place.
- Sidewalk along Hazel Street will be closed while demolished material is loaded into dump trucks and will be reopened after hours.